Monday, June 20, 2011

Blogging: Decorating your blog


I love playing with backgrounds on my blog. It's the non-graphic-designer-wishing-she-was, that gives me such a thrill to change the way my blog looks. I really don't like having the generic backgrounds that Blogger offer. They are fine for a start, but the more I read blogs (and I read a lot) the more I want it to look more professional or appealing.

To help you along, I found a number of blogger backgrounds which are free.  Its not difficult to do, all you have to do is go to the backend of your blog, add a gadget - the html one - and normally you just have to copy and paste some "web language" into there and it transforms your blog. Why not give it a try. If it doesn't work and you don't like it, then you can remove it afterwards.

Most of them offer plenty of blog backgrounds for free and then there are also some that you pay for, or parts you pay for like blinkies or buttons. The free ones are lovely and are more than sufficient to make your blog look elegant and charming.


Have fun!!
WARNING: Changing blog backgrounds can be a very addictive activity, proceed with care.


    2 comments:

    1. i have changed mine many times...but i seem to come back to white...will have to view..some of these links..thx

      ReplyDelete
    2. I know what you mean but go over to Plumrose Lane and have a look at some of their designs, I would love to change mine again but I just have so will wait a bit!

      ReplyDelete

    Go ahead, leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!