Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ode to My Best Friend

Yesterday morning my best friend turned 37, and we were all there to celebrate! Of course the children couldn't resist hiding and jumping out and shouting "surprise".
 It's only taken us about a year to finally make it to a rather famous hangout down the road, but this special occasion ensured we made the most of it.
We were all so excited about sitting right by the window looking out on the street, which we had seen many people doing.
And of course birthdays are not just for the birthday boy but everyone gets to benefit from the excursion, clearly they were enjoying the moment too!


And knowing that this special day was all about my best friend, there was time for lots of cuddles.
 I always feel so privileged to be married to this soul mate of mine.  He was chosen by God to be my husband.  We have walked a long road with many challenges and delights and the more I get to know him the more I love him.  He has allowed me to follow my dreams, supported me in every way, often sacrificing all he has for the sake of the kingdom, loves his children dearly and grown in stature and confidence over the years I have known him.  He is known amongst his friends as a patient, faithful, loving man, a father, a mentor and a friend.  I love you so much it hurts my darling husband.

And because I am a bit of a romantic and because it just seemed like a good idea, I found this lovely poem that probably says it far more eloquently than I ever could.



Another Birthday Together
Your birthday marks another year together;
Such happy times, I couldn’t ask for more,
Spending precious minutes, hours and days
With you, my love, whom I cherish and adore.
We’ve shared so much, we two, in love and friendship;
Each year our bond just seems to grow and grow.
I always want to be right next to you;
To be with you means more than you can know.
You’re always there for me with a loving smile;
I’m never happier than when I know you’re near.
I thought my love for you could not grow stronger;
And yet I love you even more this year.
By Karl and Joanna Fuchs




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!