Friday, January 6, 2012

Homeschooling Room of Dreams

I have been preparing for our new school year which starts on Monday which has included painting old book shelves, selling old homeschooling books, browsing CurrClick for any interesting down loadable products for this years homeschool curriculum. And who could resist looking at all of those ( I-could-never-afford-but-would-so-love-a-room-like-this) homeschool rooms.

Be warned - do not be intimidated.  Most homeschooling rooms truly do not look like this and if they did, they are far too perfect to want to use for children. Imagine the grubby hands, the insects found in the garden, the crusty half-dry play dough, the mouldy science experiments in any of these rooms?  Absolutely not.  But they are still inspirational.  I can't get the look but sometimes its just the idea of a shelf - or an arrangement - or a box.  Each one gives me something to think about.

My key test is what the children think of their home school room. If they thinks its great, then that's all I need to know.  And I DON'T show them these photos.  I only drool over these at night when they are not around:)

There was a time that we homeschooled through the house and in fact we still do - in the kitchen, in their rooms, on the patio, on the dining room table - but I still like to have a room where all there things are.  We use it as a base but we choose where we want to do our learning every day.  Also because we run a business from home and sometimes Sean has clients at the house, it helps to be in a room where some of the noise (though not all of it) can be contained.


Photo credit
Photo Credit
Photo Credit
Photo Credit
Photo Credit
Photo Credit
Photo Credit
Photo Credit

Photo Credit
Photo Credit
Photo Credit




Have you been preparing a room? Why not send me a photo.  I would love to see the space where you learn.  Whether its your dining room table, your garage, the garden or any place that you do "school" or  learning, submit your photo.

For some other ideas why not have a look at my Pinterest Board 
 



6 comments:

  1. So nice...thanks for sharing, gives one a few ideas though, even though I wont have it so nice, as we are renting. I am planning on doing something like in pic 4, but my boys are small so it will only happen closer to 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha,haven't started reading yet and my eye caught the first picture... and I thought it was your schoolroom. I was astounded...it was soooo beautiful.... until I scrolled down and saw the other pictures. Only THEN did I go back to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean Yolanda and wouldn't I just love to say that they were, that would be a great brag page! Hopefully someone will sponsor a makeover for our house one day - that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean Yolanda. I would love to say it was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some fabulous inspiration here! I've got this linked to my homeschooling post as well today, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a single room in this house big enough! LOL! We homeschool in our enclosed porch which is 5 feet wide by 8 feet long, but it's still fun to fix it all up nice!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!