Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Friendships of Gold

Source
 Friendship is a priceless gift
That cannot be bought or sold,
But its value is far greater
Than a mountain made of gold.

For gold is cold and lifeless,
It can neither see nor hear,
And in the time of trouble
It is powerless to cheer.

It has no ears to listen,
No heart to understand,
It cannot bring you comfort
Or reach out a helping hand.

So when you ask God for a gift
Be thankful if He sends
Not diamonds,pearls or riches,
But the love of real true friends


*********************
Source: Pinterest

Someone needs your smile today
Your hug, your listening ear:
Someone needs encouragement
And gentle words of cheer.

Someone needs your helping hand,
A letter - or what's more,
Someone needs your cheerfulness
To make their spirits soar.

Someone needs affection
When they are feeling blue.
Listen, someone's calling-
For a special friend like you.

- Jacqueline Schiff

*******************
Source:  Pinterest
This morning when I wakened
And saw the sun above,
I softly said,
"Good morning, Lord -
Bless everyone I love."

Right away I thought of you
and said a loving prayer
That He would bless you specially
And keep you free from care.

I thought of all the happiness
A day could hold in store,
I wished it all for you because
No one deserves it more.

I felt so warm and good inside
My heart was all aglow,
I know God heard my prayers for you,
He hears them all,  you know

*************************

Friendship is like a garden,
Of flowers fine and rare,
It cannot reach perfection,
Except through loving care.
 Then, new and lovely blossoms
With each new day appear,
For friendship, like a garden
Grows in beauty year by year.

Why not forward one of this poems in an email to a special friend today and tell them how much they mean to you?  Maybe your husband is your best friend - he probably needs to hear these special words too.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful poems and page. Friends are a great gift :)
    New follower from Pause on a Path...
    http://myhappilyeverafteragain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends are a special gift from the Lord. Thanks for sharing your poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the problem is that I often forget - or take them for granted. I have made it through some of the most challenging times in my life with my friends!

      Delete

Go ahead, leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!