Friday, January 20, 2012

And then there was silence....

As I wake up early before the rest of the family gets up, the only sound I hear is the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks.

As my children sit engrossed in a specific task or section of work there is a brief moment thick with concentration, where I can breath and enjoy a moment of silence.

As I wonder through the house, checking on my sleeping children - the only sound I hear is their breathing.

As Sean heads out the door on the way to the beach and the door closes ....... silence.

Those precious moments are rare with 4 children- but I have realised that I need to find these moments.  
Search for them.

Moments that I need every day.   

Within my day, I can find a moment, a few minutes and if I am lucky - an hour - to enjoy the silence.  

A man is known by the silence he keeps.
Oliver Herford
Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.
Helen Keller

Silence is more musical than any song
Christina Rossetti

Where do you find that moment?


2 comments:

  1. Oh Melanie great post! I am also trying to take those moments in the day or when Dad takes the boys outside to be still, breath deeper and really take in that moment of silence!!! Wishing you more of these moments!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finally commented - Well done! and with such lovely things to say. You will DEFINITELY do more of these;)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!