Friday, July 6, 2012

Reading Hit List: July 2012

Last week I focused on Extra Curricular Activities for the children, but as important as our children are - it's vital that you schedule activities which will enable you to grow and develop, or for rest and relaxation.  I don't believe the pursuit of "me time" should be the focus - but there needs to be a place for you to feed your spirit, move your body, stretch your mind, build relationships.  Just because we are parents doesn't mean that we don't need to maintain balance in our lives and give ourselves the opportunities to grow too.

One of the ways I do this is by reading.  I never seem to be able to read just one book.  This is not a wonderful gifting - but rather my inability to stay focused on one subject for too long.  Unless I get my hands on an investigative thriller, courtroom drama or detective crime series - then I consume a book in a day.

I know this sounds silly but I always try and make a balanced selection.  Yes I know I sound repetitive about balance but I am the type of person who gathers speed in a specific direction sometimes to the exclusion of all else and so I intentionally remind myself in everything I do about balance and focus.  And because I know that I am the example to my children, I keep a close eye on them too!

Here's my reading list for this month:

Love life for every married couple by Ed Wheat


Time to Embrace by Karen Kingsbury


The Soulwinner by CH Spurgeon
Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel
Eldest by Christopher Paolini

What's on your reading list this month?  What books are on your bedside table?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!